http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've included this image to show how I've labelled all the pieces. I use paint sticks in different colors and Sharpies, plastic bags and tags to mark the heads, cylinders, camshafts, covers, etc. I note the RIGHT and LEFT sides and have a series of dash marks for the corresponding locations on reassembly. I also separate the two cylinders and heads and all the pieces so that I can't mix them up.
When most of the engine is disassembled like this it can get confusing with parts all over. But when everything is properly labelled it's like putting together a Ducati puzzle.

No comments: