http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Zumo mount

Top: cardboard template.

Bottom: I cut .080" aluminum sheet with a small bandsaw.

The shape roughly matches the upper dash of the 06 R1200RT.



The length is about 12" long. The straight sides 2" and the mounting leg 2"x 2".


Here I've drilled the holes (4@ 3/16" for the mount and 2@ 1/4" for the dash) slightly larger than the screws to have some play for adjustment.

I've also made my bends. The leg I bent over a sharp edge at about 70 degrees and I tried to make the curve in the base sharp at the center, tapering toward the ends. Just keep trial fitting it to the dash until the shape comes close.
I hit it with some primer.

No comments: