http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Did Marco Simoncelli have on a chest protector?

I'm sure if you are here than you know about the tragic crash and resulting death of Marco Simoncelli during the last round of the MotoGp race. I have no desire to start a controversy, but I've been wondering if he was wearing a chest protector during the race.
I've watched most of the races, practices and qualifying on MotoGp.com and I've never seen him put one on. I know that Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, and others use them. Nicky and Colin use the same protector as I do during my track days/Impact Amour brand.
http://www.impactarmor.com/ NOTE: I've found the statements on the site about Carlos Checa and Troy Bayliss interesting.
During the last week I've read and seen many reports about the crash and understand that his death was a result of chest trauma. I can't help but wonder if a properly worn chest protector would have helped. I'm also curious as to why these are not mandated in such a high level of competition as MotoGP, even some track days require their use.
If anyone has anything to add or can confirm that he was or was not wearing a chest protector please add a comment below.
Thanks
R.I.P. Simo

No comments: