http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More random info.....

Along with the super-light Shorai battery, I made some heavier gauge cables.



The standard cables were about 6.5mm in diameter, whereas the new ones are 9.5mm which means less amperage loss on start up. It's an excellent mod that I've done to all my Ducatis. Above left- note the small size of the battery- it comes with the high density foam to fill the battery box.

A little tip: those little nuts behind the terminals are always a pain keeping them in place when trying to get the screws started!!! I folded a small piece of heat shrink tubing and slid it behind the nut to keep it from floating while I start the screw.

No comments: