http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Techtronics Quickshifter for the 999

I mounted the shift lights on an aluminum bracket I made and riveted it to the bottom of the fairing stay. The lights are nice and high and should be in my line of sight while tucked in down the straightaways. Fuzzy picture of the bracket. Another reason I collect any scrap aluminum I see around...this piece was perfect for fabbing the support for the control unit. The unit is velcroed to the bracket. Mounted right side at the air runner. Top front of the bike is complete. I'll be swapping out the 19X18 Brembo clutch master for a new 16X18mm and new slave cylinder after I realized how stiff the clutch pull was!! Oh well, live and learn...now I'll have a backup. I got a great deal on a used Techtronics Quickshifter system that was designed for the 999. The system includes a race style (GP shift) straight shift lever with a built in pressure sensor, control unit with digital readout to adjust all the paremeters, three row LED shift light and OFF switch.
Back side of lever with pressure sensor.
Very nice looking piece.




No comments: