http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I think I may be wired up wrong, but let me explain.
Today I find myself at Sears looking at the latest Dremel tool attachments during my free time because, I find it necessary to get every bit of rust off the clutch springs in my Ducati, hence the quest for the best tools for the job. And if I find any bolt to be slightly corroded I'm off to the hardware store to get a stainless replacement that I clamp into the vise and drill out for safety wire.
I'm just not right!
I sometimes justify this abnormal behavior with the belief that while I have the parts in my hands while cleaning them, I'll run every coil of the clutch springs through my fingers, inspecting for cracks and wear. While I'm cleaning every link of the drive chain, for instance, I'm also taking a good look at it's wear. Detailing your motorcycle might turn up a missing fairing screw or a loose mirror attachment, (noticed how I brought YOU into the picture- gotta feel I'm not alone in my obsession!) Okay, but taking the time and effort to coat each bolt head with clear lacquer before reinstalling. Really? Yeah, I may have a problem....
I wonder if there is support group for someone like me?
Me: "Hello, my name is Steve and I have a detail problem".
Group:"Hello Steve".




LEFT: Dremel's awesome 120 grit, quick-release buffing wheel attachment.

No comments: