http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Front stand part two.

  I managed to find time to work on the stand. I cut it apart and started again. It's now not as pretty but work OK. Had to shorten one arm, rework the hoop for the handle, make a couple of steel axles and add two more wheels.

The neat-o flashy aluminum stand that took me two weeks to design and build didn't quite work as advertised. The wheels weren't in line and the front arms were different lengths so the front wheel turned to one side when lifting. So I did something stupid and put it in the vise and pulled it to try to straighten it....and.......BAM....it cracked at the weld in the handle!! Oh well....I'll try again some other day.
So for the time being I modified the arms of my existing stand to work with my homemade spools. The upside is I can reverse the arms in the holder so that I can use the pins that sit under the forks to remove the axle.


Well I dedicated some more time to the aluminum stand and after a lot of modifications, cutting and a shit load of Tig welding I've got the stand to work fairly well. It's not perfect but it's OK.
Here it is...



No comments: