http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2016

HOMEMADE SPOOL/SLIDERS AND STAND




This project answers the questions from friends who always ask- "What the heck are you doing down there?"
I decided a great way to practice my welding, bending, notching, machining and polishing skills would be by designing and fabricating a front spool/slider and stand combo. And as usual it required the purchase (and gift) of some new tools and a whole lot of time and effort!!


Below: the finished products.
 The stand is all hand polished aluminum- 1.25 and 1.00" tube.
 The hook is cast aluminum from the junk pile.
 The wheels are 3" Razor scooter wheels off Ebay.

 The design lifts the front via the spools making them easier to locate than finding the recesses on the bottom of the forks like other stands.
 I found a website online that has a program to cut paper patterns that are transfered to the tubes for marking the notches. This saves a helluva lot of trial and error.



I machined the sliders from 2" Delrin stock. They are a press fit and include a cut down area for the stand and relieved to cover the axle nut.






1 comment:

Credit Loan Solution said...


You can't believe what i just got,… A loan of $ 60,000. I have been looking for a loan for the past 2years until i was referred to a legitimate lender. Though it was not that easy to approve my loan, as you know nothing good comes easy. But I got my loan within 4 hours i got my loan, and before i knew it, the loan was transferred to me. please friends, don't let any body deceive you and scam you for this is real. Contact them via Email: gaincreditloan1@gmail.com OR You can also whatsApp them at: at +1-(901) 676-0641 (WhatsApp Only)