http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Safety wiring

Call me strange but I actually enjoy safety wiring.....I find it relaxing
Drilling the holes is a lot easier with this sweet setup.



 I use some steel V blocks and a portable vise on my drill press. The blocks hold the bolts securely off the end of the vise without damaging the threads. I drill four holes (two cross holes can be drilled in regular bolt heads) in the allen head cap screws. Oil helps keep the 1/8" drills bits cool.
 The blocks will accept different diameter bolts.
The caliper bolt heads are tapered but can still be drilled.

No comments: