http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

I had to fab a custom bent rod for the dial indicator. It took a lot of trial and error to get it right, the trick is to have the end sit on the top of the closer shim and follow the shim through the complete movement of the valve without hitting the cam of popping off the shim!!! Next to the rod is a picture of the neat Ducati tool shown in the repair manual....it would be nice to have one of these....but I can just image the price!!




Above the degree wheel set at TDC Compression, Horizontal Cylinder.
(Right) fuzzy pic of the rod sitting on the Intake opener Right side.








Above and Right: Cam timing worksheet that I made to keep track of everything. I also compared the readings the Brad Black's MotoOne worksheet!





No comments: