http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1738290019

My Facebook profile

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Here you'll find some info on Ducati repair and modifications along with photos. I've got stuff for sale too, so check out the older posts. Please leave comments about anything you see, good or bad. Thanks for looking, Steve

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

A little experiment......

I decided to come up with a way to check the swingarm angle using a laser level that I had, but never used. I set the laser on a tripod, leveled it, then set the laser at the center of the swingarm pivot hole. Since I don't have the swingarm yet, because I'm waiting for a used 05 boxed arm, I set up a piece of plywood to follow the line back from the pivot point. I found it interesting that the swingarm pivot is in direct line with the crankshaft center. Follow the red line in the pic above.


The laser level worked surprisingly well.

No comments: